Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

By By XP!

Wetsparks

Windows 7 have also a 32 bit version to that is made for older computers like Pentium 3 & Pentium 4 processors. The 64 bit Windows 7 version needs at least 2 GB ram but I can confirm that it aslo works on 1,5 GB ram. Ram is very cheap to buy on ebay these days so I don't think it would be any problem for any one to get more ram to their old computer. In our astronomy society we have a Intel 66 MHz 486 computer with a SSD disk up and running (I built that computer last year) and it works very good to control a 16" fork mounted telescope. There is a special ISA stepmotor control board that need a such old computer. We connect to the 486 with a serial link from a newer computer with a planetary program with a telescope control plugin. It works very good and it is of course very cool to have old computers up and running :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived