Saturn - 11.30pm - 1-2-08 - DMK

jcm

Looked outside at about 11pm last night and all the clouds etc had gone. The sky looked very clear so I thought I would have a go at Saturn. The image on the computer screen seemed very wobbly so seeing was not particularly good.

130mm APO at F30 ( 5X barlow) , about 900 frames of R,G and B , DMK camera.

Its been a struggle to get decent images of Saturn so I am interested to see how other planetary imagers are getting on.

John

post-13061-13387733687_thumb.gif

Looked outside at about 11pm last night and all the clouds etc had gone.

They were over here John. :D

The DMK has done quite a good job for you. The Cassinni Division is visible, as is the 'banding' on the surface of Saturn.

I think it would look even better if you 'brightened' the image up a little, using the 'Curves' function in P/shop.

Dave

That's as good as I have seen in a while John. You took the opportunity when it presented itself, so you earned the success.

It was worth it, the image is testament to that. Cass and bands. Can't be bad.

Ron. :D

John

The seeing was a bit hit and miss last night, it did improve about 1 am just as we were packing up.

This RBG larks not as easy as people think :insects1:

Trev.

I think I need to wait for better seeing and Saturn at max altitude.

John

Archived