The Last Stretch *** NEW PICS!! ***

Andrew*

To be honest, Ant, I didn't really think of that. As soon as this pedestal came up on AB&S the idea formed quite quickly in my head and I never looked back.

What it means is that I have a LARGE table to work on - not just 4 holes for eyepieces and that's it - and I have a space for 2 batteries which keeps cables neat.

My experience so far is that the whole thing is very sturdy. I have the suspicion (though this is not founded) that a tripod in any form would not offer the same strength.

Andrew

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a very interesting thread. So if I read this right, you're leaving your scope all set up outside and protected by the Telegizmos 365? I've been thinking about something like this myself - I've a fairly large garden and liked the idea of a particular place where it's all set up, but without having to deal with the hassle of an enclosed space (not that this wouldn't be welcome - just a lot of hassle and expense).

It seem you have a potential warm room right beside you there Andrew. A little heater beside your laptop station, and controlling it all from a warm environment. Got to be a thought Heh?

Ron. :wink:

Andrew, I am going to kick off the find a name for you Astro Station. Maybe it will prompt a response for you.

Star Path One is my attempt. It is almost an anagram of your SGL name, but not quite.

Ron. :afro:

Nice start - thanks a lot, Ron :D

The warm room is a good idea, but I don't have the cable length to manage that, and how would I focus the camera remotely?

Cheers

Andrew

how would I focus the camera remotely?

Ah, good point, but let's assume we are talking long term, and you have your EQ6 Pro, and an electric focusser,

and all the required software, and the laptop with Maxim DL loaded up. There is a small heater keeping the place warm, and hot coffee is percolating continuously. Your MP3 is playing your favourite classics. I can't think of anything else, but you have to admit it sounds good.

In fact it is good, just ask Rog, and soon Helen, in fact a whole host of the imaging gang are taking this route.

Ron. :afro::D:(:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bill. Now let's see....

2428z248

nope :D

I think the 248 has to be on the number pad and you must hold down ALT whilst typing it.

Other ones I found useful ALT 252 (superscript cubed ³) and ALT 253 (Superscript squared ²). I am sure there are many more but these are the ones use most often.

I was shown this whilst using old windows 3.1 a few years back and it still works on XP !!

Good Luck

Bill£ :afro:

Archived