Power for 6SE

That's the same one a friend of mine used to power his 8se, good Powertank, I have had the skywatchers powertank 17ah for 3 years and it still works like new!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the same one a friend of mine used to power his 8se, good Powertank, I have had the skywatchers powertank 17ah for 3 years and it still works like new!

That's the one I have and it has worked perfectly so far.  As long as you remember to charge it after use, I am hoping there will be no problems.

That's the one I have and it has worked perfectly so far.  As long as you remember to charge it after use, I am hoping there will be no problems.

The standard powertanks, their batteries just die if you run them flat and forget to recharge them in time.

I don´t know about the Celestron Powertanks. Could be they use a better Leisure battery in those (better be for the crazy price they charging for these tanks).

But I find them too expensive. The entire Leisure battery set (battery, charger, sigarette female Connector, waterproof bag) I bought from TS is almost half the price.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the slightly cheaper maplins jump pack. It does power my 8se. However it seems to lack sometimes as it will cause my scope to 'jump' a bit after a while.

My friend has the skywatcher powertank and it works well.

Main problem we have both had is the lead. The one supplied by flo was awful so we both use a maplin lead which just does the job.

Archived