Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

25th/26th Feb.

Laurie61

Had an impromptu session last night when my brother popped down with a work colleague. Seeing was quite steady and so set up the 300 mm and the tracking platform to view Jupiter. There was no GRS on display or shadow transit but nice detail could be seen in the belts, max mag used was 300 X. Then a look at the SN, it's faded since my previous look, about three weeks ago, but still easy enough to see in this scope. Started off at 56 X (32 mm tv plossl) and worked up to 200 X (9 mm ortho) which showed it well. Then across to the Beehive and finally my first go at Mars this season but no detail visible at 200 X.

Nice to have had another look at the SN before it fades. :smiley:     

Nice read. As much as I love a GRS view and a shadow transit, Jupiter on its own is still a wonderful thing to behold. Beehive was the first cluster I ever viewed and it's a great sight, sounds like you had a good session.

I fully intended on going out last night, even had my coat on but was so tired and cold that I couldn't muster the energy. Wish I'd made more effort now as it's cloud all over again.

Clear skies!

Archived