Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full frame - Canon 6d or 5dIII?

PeteC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sony A7 is considered one of the best entry level camera, a lot better than the current EOS 700D. I have been thinking of going FF for along time now, but my Tokina 11-16 mm is for APS-C sensor only. And I love that. So for me to upgrade, I would need to keep the 550d I have currently. My choice has been divided between the 5D II, which I can get at half the price of the 6D. But as most of the people in this thread, I will probably end up with the 6D, the Samyang 14 mm and the Rokinon 8 mm.

I am very happy with my 6D.

I would like a 5D III for normal daytime use due to the better focussing, but for me the 6D is just about as good with a fair saving in price.

I also seen a report that had the 6D having the highest QE of all the current canon cameras so that's a bonus for astro.

Regards

Stuart

I am very happy with my 6D.

I would like a 5D III for normal daytime use due to the better focussing, but for me the 6D is just about as good with a fair saving in price.

I also seen a report that had the 6D having the highest QE of all the current canon cameras so that's a bonus for astro.

Regards

Stuart

Thanks for another thumbs up for the 6d Stuart. I still haven't got one yet, but everyone who has seems to be very happy with it so that's the way I'll be going.

• 2 months later...

I've finally got around to ordering a 6d, collecting it tomorrow :icon_bounce:

A good deal from my local camera shop with £75 trade in on any old camera (and it was a very old any old camera!) plus £150 Canon cashback. Getting it with the 24-105 EF f4L which should be OK for general daytime use, and although it's only f4 maybe with the 6d's low noise at high iso it might be useful for astro too. If not I'll stick with the Takumars and Samyang 14mm. Looking forward to getting some nice wide field milky way shots.

+1 more for the 5D3

Had a 6D for a week, took it back and got the 5D3 , the 6D focuse was aweful on moving objects..

Now if I was into landscapes and such the 6D would be perfect...

If you have no plans for Birds , areolanes, racing cars etc get a 6D , save yourself a wedge...

Archived