First orion widefield for me

Here are my 3 stacked on photoshop cs3 images.  This was a first time attached just the camera to the mount.  1 minute 2 minute and 3 minute subs with camera on advanced vx mount.  No darks, haven't quite figured out how to integrate darks.  Not great processing but not bad for 6 mins. 

post-34263-0-33973600-1392741034_thumb.j

I am going to be shooting for 20 x 180 second exposures at 1600 iso at 200mm f/4.5 on the lens tonight.  Should see an improvement on this pic above hopefully.  Gunna try to get flame and horsey in the image as well.  Fingers crossed.

Here is the same thing but at 200mm.  I think it is 4 stacked shots at maybe a 8 minutes of data.  No darks yet.  I tried to get the flame and the horse in there but for some reason after doing a all star polar align the tracking on my mount went to Rubbish.  But here is what I came up with.  I hate jpeg, but not sure what else to post it as to display better then jpeg. 

a side note that when I typed c r a p in it changed it to rubbish, love it lol.

post-34263-0-97161200-1393170846_thumb.j

Here is the same thing but at 200mm.  I think it is 4 stacked shots at maybe a 8 minutes of data.  No darks yet.  I tried to get the flame and the horse in there but for some reason after doing a all star polar align the tracking on my mount went to Rubbish.  But here is what I came up with.  I hate jpeg, but not sure what else to post it as to display better then jpeg. 

a side note that when I typed c r a p in it changed it to rubbish, love it lol.

attachicon.gifwideorionflame.jpg

Try converting to a png it works better for some shots.

Alan

Archived