SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

GoToNova / Dual-Axis Motor Kit by ioptron

Redbird48oo

Hi,

I previously had one of these kits fitted to a Vixen GPD2 mount. I was not impressed. The motors were poorly made and fitted to the gearboxes. When the motors started turning the motor body would twist in the gearbox and jam. This would result in over current errors. I ended up remedying this by tightly taping the motors to the gearboxes. There were also "crosstalk" noises when the motors were at rest. I never did get these figured out. In addition the Ascom driver was terribly unreliable and did not have a full feature set. All in all I would warn against buying lone. I no longer have the mount.

hope this helps.

cheers

Gary

I had the predecessor to the Gotonova - the Gotostar  on my EQ5 (it's still in a box in the garage). Complete pile of poo. Changed it out for a Synscan after many frustrating nights trying to get the thing to vaguely align.  The  Synscan is 5 years old now and still going strong. 

Archived