Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 13/2/14

SimonfromSussex

Just out on Jupiter now and it's as steady as you like here in East Sussex

Great Red Spot is also visible.

I usually view in my light bridge with a 10mm which is x185 however tonight it's taking a 6mm so x308 ish!!!!!!

We'll worth a look if you are thinking of going out.

Several clear bands with some swirls showing nicely with my blue filter.

Yes lots of detail, probably the best view of Jupiter I have had thus far.

It's amazing how quickly the seeing can change Special K isn't it? If your skies were like mine I think it would have taken the barlow no problem.

Fingers crossed we will get a repeat very soon!!!

My 5mm BST doesn't work that well with the Barlow so nothing lost there. I'm thinking of a good plössl to be used with the Barlow to push the mag nearer to 200x on fine nights.

Wind is sure kicking up a fuss out there now so no chance of looking. Just poked my head out the balcony door and transparency is nil, seeing is impossible, and humidity is high. No complaints from me though, there's people in dire straights because of this freak weather; beyond the inconvenience of not being able to set up a scope outdoors.

Just outside with Orion Optics 12 inch and new 12mm nagler type 4 from astrofest. Jupiter looks awesome! Had to push using a 2.5 x. Powermate to 333 x mag! I admit I had to wait a little while for moments of steadiness, pretty sure I noticed a nice white oval next to the great red spot. Damm wind pushing on my dob!

Sent from my AZ210A using Tapatalk

Archived