NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

FSQ 106 ED Owners

I did not use the standard Tak set up as I had a feathertouch focuser, with an inverted adapter to be able to get focus.

Allowing for the inverted adapter and the extra length of the feathertouch, I would suggest focus would be around

the 4-8mm mark.  It is very tight to get enough in focus.  If you cannot get enough in focus i can let you know the 

part number of the inverted adapter  

I am just about to try out mine next week( without the feathertouch ,given up with it because of this very problem and custom adapters needed to achieve focus etc)  with the new QSI 690 wsg.  

Let me know if you cannot achieve reduced focus and I can try with the inverted adapter and let you know how i get on

Velvet 

Earl, I have the reducer set-up and the stock Takahashi focuser (rigged up with a Lakeside motor) - the drawtube extends by about 1cm in prime focus. To put that in context the Lakeside is calibrated with the drawtube fully in (position 0) to fully out (position 4460), and focus with a H-alpha filter using the reducer is position 1948 which equates to approx 1cm.

HTH,

Martin

Thanks, is there a way you can measure the difference between the stock focuser and the FT?

its about 30mm longer than stock focuser.  I get focus at 4mm with the inverted adapter, which is about 30mm, i can measure exactly tonight how far the inverted

one goes into the feathertouch and let you know, am at work at the moment

Velvet

Earl, I have the reducer set-up and the stock Takahashi focuser (rigged up with a Lakeside motor) - the drawtube extends by about 1cm in prime focus. To put that in context the Lakeside is calibrated with the drawtube fully in (position 0) to fully out (position 4460), and focus with a H-alpha filter using the reducer is position 1948 which equates to approx 1cm.

HTH,

Martin

that would make sense as i approximated the length of the inverted adapter.  

Velvet

would you like me to send the inverted adapter for you to have a try with on the focuser, would not mind if you wanted to try it?

Velvet

I don't think Earl can use the DF2 with the inverted adaptor.

Am I right earl in saying its draw tube, DF2?

If that's the case the inverted adaptor would put the reducer inside the DF2, that's not going to work :(

Archived