Cannon 1100d modified

paulmc

Hi everyone as I am a total beginner I have bought this camera for imaging on my edge 8" someone's told me I could also use it for daytime photography also. This would be great as my budget is low at the moment.could somebody give me advice if this is correct.as it would make wife happy and £275 already spent justifed...lol

I think it depends on how it has been modified. If the IR sensor was replaced by a new one with a lower cutoff it should work normally, while if it was removed entirely it will still work fine but autofocusing will not work. I've briefly used a 100D with the filter removed - it was fine for normal use, but I had to switch to manual focussing.

If any of that is misleading, hopefully someone will correct me.

Camera arriving on the 28th so I will check it out fully then so I will be able to check if autofocus works it would be nice to be able to use it for normal photography also nothing like edging your bets on a small budget im sure you all agree.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Archived