NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Adaptor4Telescope

I don't know whether this is the correct place to post this, but has anyone used this guy*:-

http://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?kw=seller%3Adyejar&epp=24&pgn=1&cmd=SREF&sellerId=dyejar - on his photo's he has 'Adadaptor4Telescope'. Just enquiring as the prices for some of the items for ssle seem reasonably priced, especially when you see the prices of his eyepieces and my work colleague cannot afford a lot at present and would like some buget eyepieces.

* apologies if I appear sexist.

Judging by his English and his name (Phyo Aung) I'm guessing he's acting as a distributor for a cheap manufacturer in the far east in order to give them a UK address.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I buy all sorts of kit from China and is serves me well, and at the end of the day, if you're buying something like a dovetail bar which is essentially a piece of machined aluminium, then why should we pay £60 or more for it, just for having "Vixen" written on the side?

As for the eyepieces, I've always thought you pay your money you take your chances where unbranded optical gear is concerned.  It is probably worth noting that he has 100% positive feedback though.

Archived