NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher 9 x 50 RACI on C11

So it fits in the quick release unit that comes with the c11 yes?

I haven't tried the RACI in particular, but the straight through which is identical to the Skywatcher version fits comfortably. So I'm assuming it'll do.

Anyway, if you want to use the bracket that comes with the SW RACI, then you'll need to remove the original C11 bracket and install a quick release shoe in its place.

I replaced the stock vixen dovetail with a Farpoint Losmandy wide dovetail. And for that I bought 2 Farpoint clamps. They provided me with tons of versatility, and eventually I attached a normal aluminum pull handle to clamps. Since you can slide them back and forth you'll have some flexibility when it comes to the handle length.

If you don't have a zero mag finder, I strongly recommend it. While it will give your neck a relief a RACI finder will also confuse you - at least in the beginning - and it's better off being used with an RDF finder, be it a Telrad or a simple red dot finder.

What's the weight limit on the NEQ6? I'm going to have to upgrade my CG5 at some point! its creaking under the load at the moment! 

I think it's 25Kg for visual.  It should take the C11 easily.

When I had the c11/NEQ6 set up I upgraded the mount Saddle and the C11 Dovetail (like mentioned above) and that gave me noticeably more stability.

Archived