Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polaroid HPC2011 web cam

ultramol

• 2 weeks later...

hi I have a modified HPC2011 web cam. just tried it out. this is my first pic with a cam on my new ostara 102 ED scope on a AZ tracking mount.

Hi Vacuum, did you mod the camera yourself and if you did, how easy was it ( or difficult)?

Hi Vacuum, did you mod the camera yourself and if you did, how easy was it ( or difficult)?

hi yes I did mod it my self. It was not to difficult to do . I removed the front case by prying it off. I then I cut off the ring that held on the lens  and removed it . This will remove the ir filter as well.  I put nail varnish on the led . It is hard to see the led so plug it the cam to it. Then I made a tube to fit my 1.25 eyepiece apx 40mm long and tape it on to the cam. Not a good looking  job but it works. Guides for this type of mod are on this site and are better . If you need more  I will be happy help

Hi 'mbhyde' and welcome to SGL.

I have just downloadeded your image. Looks a very good first attempt. What software did you use?

I do find .bmp's tend to be large compared to .jpg's when processed. I still have got to have ago at webcam imaging myself.

Hi 'mbhyde' and welcome to SGL.

I have just downloadeded your image. Looks a very good first attempt. What software did you use?

I do find .bmp's tend to be large compared to .jpg's when processed. I still have got to have ago at webcam imaging myself.

I used sharpcap 2 for capture and registax6

Archived