Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SN2014j 02/02/14

Hi guys

Took another shot of SN2014J last night, slight change from the night before with the Na line.

Comparison with two previous nights spectra

post-15973-0-63482200-1391433337_thumb.j

As an aside I thought I`d try the SN in m99 but only got as far as getting it on the slit with the guide ccd when the clouds rolled in :sad:

Maybe a bit too optimistic !

post-15973-0-20507900-1391432898.jpg

Steve

Thanks for posting Steve

Out of interest, are you calibrating between nights, or can you rely on the fixed dispersion?

Thanks also for posting the reflective slit shot. It gives me some more insight into how the Alpy is working. Considering its size, the performance is impressive.

I tried this target with my 300 l/mm rig last night. Will see if I can process it later.

John

Hi John

Yes I'm using the same reference calibration ,the Alpy seems pretty stable. I have tried using a new neon reference over a couple of nights and it made no difference so I see no need to renew it each night at the moment!

look forward to the new BASS ;-)

Steve

Archived