SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Darren7478

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL :)

You have definately come to the right place for advice just have a look at the imaging section as Swag said and look at what kit people use.

What sort of budget are you looking at and do you already own a DSLR?

Mike you will love the arctic circle (if you haven't already been) seen the lights in Iceland a few years back. I have got the book by Steve Richards along with a few others! Great reads and full of info.

Hi Lee yes I've already come to the conclusion this is the right place, great advice by friendly people ( no inner circle / click like other non astro forum's)

I have just treated myself to a Canon 600d for general use whilst travelling (extensivley) with work. Ive read good and bad reviews with this model for astro but being a past owner of a canon slr I had no hesitation in taking risk!

I just need a good 'travel' tripod and zoom lens with maybe a tele converter, still trawling posts at the min to see what the preferences are for moon shots ect....

Again thanks to all for the very warm welcome, think I'm gonna like it here

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Archived