NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Coma corrector help

Hi I've bought the baader mpcc photo visual set and I'm gonna use it for imaging but not sure how you connect it up there's a few bits with it that screw together. Anyone used this kit and know how it all goes together from the camera to scope? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From memory the only bit you want is the bit with glass in it, put all the rest to one side.

The bit with glass in it has a 2" barrel, that pushes into the scope. The other end has a thread on it, that goes into your camera or t-ring (as appropriate)

Edit : There is one very slim threaded part (it's got writing on it) that I never worked out if it needed to be on the corrector or not - maybe someone else can answer that :)

Right got you thanks Stephen. Do you know if you can connect anything else to it like a barlow etc? Thanks.

It's not really designed to be used like that whilst imaging - if you use a barlow (in some way, which is pretty much a bad idea for deep sky) then you effectively remove the coma as you're only looking at the central part of the image

You can put a 2" filter on the bottom of it (the bit that goes foremost into the scope.)

Thank you tinker1947 I was right then when I set it up put my mind at rest now thank you I was advised to get one for my sw 250pds I also have a canon 600d so similar to your camera. I also had the photo visual set do what are the spacers and reducers in the pack for? Thanks.

Thank you tinker1947 I was right then when I set it up put my mind at rest now thank you I was advised to get one for my sw 250pds I also have a canon 600d so similar to your camera. I also had the photo visual set do what are the spacers and reducers in the pack for? Thanks.

The spacers and things are for when using it visually. Each scope / eyepiece combination will have a different spacing requirement to correctly remove the coma

I'm not sure if this is of any help or if you've seen this.

www.baader-planetarium.com/pdf/mpcc_e.pdf‎

Lee

View shared post

Thanks leelee that's a brill help I can now see how both camera and visual fit it's saved in to my books for use later thanks. And thanks everyone else been most helpful all I need now is a clear night :/ thanks.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Baader!

I have a number of Baader items now and I've now found loads of weird and wonderful ways to combine all the various adapters, collars and spacers that come with them. I can connect just about anything to anything at whatever focus point I need now. We should have a competition to come up with the most novel combination of parts ;)

Here one of mine, 3 Click Locks

DSC_0011.jpg

Then 2 in tis set-up, i can swap bits faster than they change wheels in formula 1.....

DSC_0012.jpg

or just the 1 with the DSLR

DSC_0013.jpg

Or the Diaganal .....

DSC_0009.jpg

Thanks tinker for your photos some good set ups. I have another question I've bought a few things. T rings barlows coma correctors. What other important or essential accessories for imaging would you say I need? Like extension tubes focal lens short and long? Reducers? Etc thanks.

Funny enough I've got that book and have just started to take it to work and read. But I like to here off people what they got. My scope and mount came Monday sw 250pds on a eq6 mount and a canon 600d camera I've got a good t ring adapter coma corrector barlow. I'm pretty much ready to go it's just this weather. I just wanna make sure I'm not missing anything else thanks.

You won't really need the Barlow unless your going to use a webcam, get the mount polar aligned not close, better than that, you should get long'ish subs, i used 800 ISO all the time, brought a Intervolmeter there cheap on Amazon/Ebay but allow for multi-imagines while you go have a cuppa tea, get to know where your focal point is when you swap from a EP to the DSLR then use a B/mask or Liveview to get the focus right, dew shield for the scope will help a lot, mains PSU 13.8 Volts keep it inside and make up a 20-30m (your distance to the mount)  lower voltage power lead. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NEEWER%C2%AE-Shutter-Release-Remote-Control/dp/B00FS7PR1W/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1391114224&sr=8-6&keywords=canon+600d+remote+control

FLO or Maplins

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/power/maplins-xm21x-7a-138v-regulated-mains-power-supply.html

Thanks tinker this has been really helpful I've now got a good idea of what I need to purchase I've just ordered a intervolmeter I'll get a b mask and indoor power supply I'm using a 17ah jump pack which seems to work well for when I'm mobile. So with this intervolmeter I set my camera to bulb mode and say set the meter to a minute exposer and it will take photos at those intervals then isit? If I remember you had the same scope and mount as me? Have you any online images so I can see what kinda results I can expect thanks.

i only took images of Messiers as i found them (no Goto used) so it wasn't fly through 10 a night, nothing online, just get the PA set-up if you can't keep the scope and mount set-up try to mark where the tripod legs go so setting up time is reduced, don't make it a chore, have fun...

Archived