Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DC Auto iris plug and lead?

michaelmorris

I recently bought a 6mm 1/2" auto iris CCTV lens for use on a meteor camera.  The auto-iris lead is bare wire and I need to add a DC auto-iris plug to connect it to the camera.  The wires are so small that soldering them onto a DC auto-iris plug is way beyond my level of competance (i tried with the only DC plug I had and failed misrerably, melting the plug in the process).  The easiest way to wire these up is going to be to get some plugs pre-connected to a lead, then simply connect up the relevant wires in a connecting block.

Has anyone got any ideas where I could get pre-wired plugs? (I've been looking for weeks with no joy)

Thanks

Hi Michael, I think you may struggle to find one, only the plugs seem available, and like you said it does look a pain to try and solder them.

One solution is to tap into the wires from inside the camera, don't disconnect them from the socket in the casing just splice into them and drill a hole for the wires to come through the casing and join them up, not ideal but the easiest solution.

Hi Michael, I think you may struggle to find one, only the plugs seem available, and like you said it does look a pain to try and solder them.

One solution is to tap into the wires from inside the camera, don't disconnect them from the socket in the casing just splice into them and drill a hole for the wires to come through the casing and join them up, not ideal but the easiest solution.

Thanks

Where have you seen the plugs for sale?

I'm afraid there is no way I'm mucking around with the inner workings of a £300 camera.

All done an packed ready to post on the way home tonight it should be with you tomorrow weather and post office permitting...

I have left the back of the plug and included a copy of the wiring info just remember there are two different types of lenses Direct drive and Video Drive so you will need to check that out yourself...

Peter...

Archived