SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Using CLS filter with IR block on un-modified EOS

GyCx

Hi All.

Would using a CLS filter with IR block on un-modified EOS have a un-desirable effect?

Hiya

I don't think so - depends what you mean by 'undesirable'? I use a cls-ccd filter on an unmodded 1100d and it helps greatly to combat lp though it's still a problem for me with exposures longer than about 3 min. I'm still investigating...  It does give a blue cast to raw images but that seems to disappear when images are stacked with darks and flats.  After that, colours are 'normal'.  I've not attempted imaging nebulae though. I think to get decent nebulae images where I am I'd have to go to narrowband and probably also a ccd (rather than a dslr) which would be expensive... I don't know how successfully narrowband filters can be used with a dslr. If anyone can advise on that I'd be interested to hear.

Louise

Archived