NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SN in m82 :-((

Hi folks

Looks like everybody did better than I last night. Seeing was terrible from York although the SN was very clear in the guide ccd failed miserably to get a decent spectrum of it!. After trying a 15min exposure to get any sort of image I think I`ve got some reflected street light spectra instead :tongue:

post-15973-0-65873800-1390572215_thumb.j

Tried to get something out of Rspec but didn`t bother to calibrate it, better luck next time!!

post-15973-0-55401700-1390572579_thumb.j

Steve

Hi Steve,

You have a harder job trying to the get an 11mag target on your slit. Which I assume requires guiding, which is a pain when its cloudy. Much easier for us with the sa100!

The data may be useful after all?

cheers

John

Hi guys

John - I agree thinking of putting my SA100 back on my ED80 for such nights when the Alpy won`t play ball, that SA-HD looks promising that Robin is testing!

Jack yes I think I`ve picked up some street light spectra bouncing off the haze ;-( maybe caught a bit of the SI dip but little else?

Steve

Archived