NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrozap Dew Heater - Running at full 12v

Hi,

I'm having issues with my New 127 SLT with regards to condensation on the mirror.  It's extremely bad and it's really getting me down when observing as it's ruining the whole experience.

I already have an Astrozap dew shield so if I were to add these, would a controller be required?

I have a 3 in 1 powertank from maplin so I'm thinking of just buying the adapter to allow me to use the dew heater along with powering my scope but I've been advised that without a controller, It'll run at the full 12v.

Will this be an issue?

Thanks

Isn't the dew heater 12v anyway?

If not and it is 6v then you will eventually fry it.

Which dew heater is it anyway. I cannot work out if the Astrozap Dew Shield incorporates the heater as an integral item or not. It reads as if dew shield and dew heater are seperate.

Isn't the dew heater 12v anyway?

If not and it is 6v then you will eventually fry it.

Which dew heater is it anyway. I cannot work out if the Astrozap Dew Shield incorporates the heater as an integral item or not. It reads as if dew shield and dew heater are seperate.

I already have the dew shield but this isn't enough so I'm thinking of buying the heaer.

Here's a link: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dew-prevention/astrozap-dew-heater-tapes.html

I've got the dew-not tapes from modern astronomy. I think they are designed to run plugged directly into a 12v supply (using a connecting cable).

They will also work with a controller to reduce the drain on a battery.

Archived