Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First ever AP - Orion Taurus and Gemini

nicks90

well here it is, my first ever bit of AP (not including webcam of jupiter).

I got myself a camera for christmas so decided to have a play with plonking it on a tripod and doing some snaps. I have no idea on processing, so this is purely what i has stacked in DSS and then posted on here. I am sure it may be possible to make them better in gimp or PS, but that is way beyond my abilities, knowledge or desire to spend hours learning and doing. I probably got most of the settings wrong too.... but never mind.

It was fun, but not fun enough to get caught up in the dark side! I'll stick with my 12" dob and get the camera out once in a while i reckon,

anyway, heres the detail and criticism more than welcome!

Camera: Samsung NX100 with APS-C sensor and 20-50mm kit lens plonked on an ancient tripod in my back garden with loads of LP.

Orion:

25 subs at 10 seconds each

iso 3600

RAW format

lens at 50mm and F5.2

Taurus:

14 subs at 10 seconds each

iso 3600

RAW format

lens at 50mm and F5.2

and finally I wanted to see if i could get M35 and Jupiter in the same shot - dont think i got it, or maybe you can see a slight smudge... dunno.....

12 subs at 10 seconds each

iso 3600

RAW format

lens at 50mm and F5.2

happy i got something, but know it aint that special.

thanks for looking

Nick

edited to add, cant link to the images on my google drive. grrrrrrrr

yes it did bring out lots more detail - and noise.

on my laptop at home i can see more of a smudge when opening the stacked image via irfanview, however it seems to be almost gone after uploading to astrobin. or maybe its because i resaved it as a jpeg from the original tiff file.

Who knows. Anyway, done it now and have that warm glowy feeling of capturing a bit of the heavens!

next time its clear - dob is coming out though.

Archived