SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stock Barlow Lense

Knockoffnige

Hi guys bought a skywatcher 114 and it came with a x2 Barlow, I've come to the conclusion they are poor!! I've tried it with a 25mm ep looking at the moon and I can't get a sharpe image.

Where as if I use the 25mm on its own it's really sharpe, has anyone else experienced this and could u recommend a good Barlow??

Thanks

I found the same i did want a Tal x2 but you cant get them i bought a Celestron Omni which is not bad but the one getting good reviews on here is the Revelation 2.5 im going to upgrade to that when Ive got some pennies.

Thanks for that have u got same scoope?? Would you recommend a good ep??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quickly decided that I would rather just get another good EP than a Barlow. I know lots of people like them but personally think a decent EP is a better investment.

Think I might do this as well don't wanna pay our for a Barlow if it's going to be no good with my scope.

I've got a low cost Antares 2x barlow on it's way to me. I'm going to use it for barlowed laser collimation rather than viewing but I'll give it a go with some eyepieces and see how it does. Less than £20 so I'm not expecting too much but it is an achromat with fully multi coatings and blackened lens edges (according to the spec) so how bad can it be ?

I've got a low cost Antares 2x barlow on it's way to me. I'm going to use it for barlowed laser collimation rather than viewing but I'll give it a go with some eyepieces and see how it does. Less than £20 so I'm not expecting too much but it is an achromat with fully multi coatings and blackened lens edges (according to the spec) so how bad can it be ?

Where's it from?? Let me know the viewing results please and I might consider it. Not sure if a Barlow is useable with my scope!?

Archived