Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun has gone quiet...

Naemeth

Swings and roundabouts at the moment, still nothing for definite regarding the sun reversing polarity. We are still seeing quite a few decent flares (most of them farside). Though without a shadow of a doubt this is perhaps one of the most quiet Solar max'es that we have seen.

I am one of 3 admin on a small Facebook group called  Aurora UK (AUK) that tip people off when a solar event happens (and the chances of seeing an aurora from it), so we are looking at the activity levels daily from a variety of sources.

Oh wow Red Giant - now wouldn't that be something ..... though I'm surprised the Daily Mirror has not printed something like that already  ;)

Steve 

Swings and roundabouts at the moment, still nothing for definite regarding the sun reversing polarity. We are still seeing quite a few decent flares (most of them farside). Though without a shadow of a doubt this is perhaps one of the most quiet Solar max'es that we have seen.

I am one of 3 admin on a small Facebook group called  Aurora UK (AUK) that tip people off when a solar event happens (and the chances of seeing an aurora from it), so we are looking at the activity levels daily from a variety of sources.

Oh wow Red Giant - now wouldn't that be something ..... though I'm surprised the Daily Mirror has not printed something like that already   ;)

Steve 

Can you imagine?! The Daily Mirror will straightaway jump on anything scientific and turn it into ''chav'' science...probably something like ''Our Sun Red Giant Soon - Time to Pack your Weed and Call it a Day"

Archived