Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Objects in my new Skywatcher AZ EQ6-GT GEQ & Alt-Az Mount

Hi all

I have tried for the first time to do a 2 star alignment on my new Skywatcher AZ EQ6-GT GEO Mount, I picked Betelgeuse as it was nice and bright in the sky and being a novice I was confident it was what I thought it was, when I went through the Synscan hand set Betelgeuse was not to be found, this made me think what else should be in the hand set that was not in it.

My question is (hopefully somebody will be able to help me) is where can I find a list of the 42,900+ celestial objects that should be in its database

Many thanks in advance.

Hello Ronin

Many thanks for you rapid reply I have attached the list from the link you gave me and marked the ones that come on the hand set from start to finish,there is quite a few missing,there is also some (hand written) that are not in the hand set,any advice on getting them added.

stars.bmp

In the manual, it lists the classes (and numbers of itens in each class) which is in the data base, but as to a specific list listing them all, i don't know.

It Betelgeuse was on show in the sky, but not one of the alignment stars, you should check you'd entered all the information correctly, and in the correct format; date, time, location, day light saving.... If that was all correct, there is an option in the handset which allows you to modify which sets of stars it picks for alignment; it might have been it thought it a rubbish star to align on so didn't suggest it. I suspect there is a very simple fix to the issue.

James

Many thanks James

I will do a totally new alignment when the weather is good,and will make sure all the info that I input is correct,just one quick question about day light saving are we on day light saving at the moment!

If you are out with the daylight saving thing, you'll be an hour out, which is 15 degree; so if the scope slewed to 15degrees east of where you think it should have been, then that is a possibility... But once you'd done an alignment, and it said successful, i'd have thought it would subsequently be spot on with the goto and it would just assume you had a dodgy uneven horizon.

James

Archived