NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to use filters on Baader Hyperion Zoom

kamanetzki

Hi

I have a polarising filter for my Baader Hyperion Zoom 8-24mm. I believe that this is useful for viewing the Moon as it cuts out glare. Is the filter a simple screw-in with no adjustment for how much polarisation one wants or can it be uded like a camera SLR filter where one can revolve the polariser to the position wanted? In other words, one can adjust polarisatiion in an SLR polariser simply by turning it.

I've also purchased an Astronomik UHC filter and an Astronomok CLS filter. Can you tell me what these are used for and are they used for viewing or for astro-photography?

Many thanks. :embarrassed:

The polarizing filter depends on what you have - some can be adjusted, some are fixed. The adjustable ones are rotated to change so look through it against a window and try to turn.

UHC filters are generally for nebula but can be useful on other targets, not sure on the other one.

The cls filter is for astro photography , at least I think it is . The uhc is a narrowband filter that blocks out some wavelengths while letting others pass to enhance some emission and planetary nebula, however they don't enhance galaxies nor reflection nebula.

Archived