Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader or Skywatcher 2" UHC filter?

Quick question. Which is best in terms of performance and which is best value for money?

The Skywatcher ones are a bit cheaper on FLO website and seem to have okay reviews. Will the Baader ones perform noticeably better to justify handing over the extra cash?

James

I use a Baader one which is very good - but I hear there isn't any difference really in the SW ones.  The best thing you can do to make it effective is get it out to really dark skies - makes nebula pop out then, I rarely use it in my back garden

Thanks for this. I had a superb view of the Orion Nebula from my back garden on the weekend through a new 36mm Baader Aspheric 2" e/p so I'm really eager to see what effect the UHC filter would have as well. I heard the Baader ones are a bit more chunky which would normally be a good thing although I'm concerened they wouldn't fit into a filter wheel as well as the Skywatchers which appear to be a bit more streamlined. Anyone know if this would be an issue or not?

If there really is no difference though the Skywatchers may make the most sense due to them being a bit cheaper.

Er..... that should be UHC, this tablet has a mind of its own.

Ha ha I know the feeling. Thanks for this I think you've helped me make my mind up. I had thought there would be little or no difference. Right time to place an order....!

Archived