NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Polar Alignment - AZ-EQ6 GT - what am I doing wrong?

russp

Got my new mount and scope outside today for the first time and set it up and balanced it as per the instructions - so far so good.. Swung it manually to have a look at Jupiter and was blown away with the view and I could manually track it with the controller.

Then went to set up the polar alignment and play with the goto and hopefully make it track automatically and that's where it all went pear shaped.. I'm usually pretty good with tech stuff and I'm obviously missing something pretty basic - looking through the polar scope I can see the stars (and polaris) if the mount is turned off, I can see the little diagram which shows where to align polaris to if the mount is turned on but the diagram is lit up by a red background which obscures the stars so I can't move the mount to line up the target over polaris if I can't see polaris when the mount is turned on and the polar scope is illuminated? Please someone tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks

Russ 

You can reduce the brightness of the polarscope illumination:-

1. Access the menu “Utility Func \ Polar Scope LED” and press the ENTER key.

2. Use the Left/Right direction keys to adjust the illumination level. Press the ENTER key to confirm and exit

Access the menu "Utility Function \ Polar Scope LED" on the SynScan hand controller, press the "Enter key" then use the left/right direction keys to adjust the brightness of the polar scope illumination LED's, press enter to confirm brightness and exit.

Archived