Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First sight

N22

I've had my telescope for a little over a week, a 102 refractor and one 15mm eyepiece.

Tonight was the first night I got a good chance to see Jupiter. I didn't know what to expect, as this was going to be my first time observing it through a telescope.

I was amazed, I could see its bands, what I think was three moons, 2 on one side and 1 on the other.

Hope this was the place to post about my first night, my telescope and a clear sky.

Hi and a warm welcome to SGL, and yes you are in the right place to share your Astro experiences.

Jupiter is magic the first time you see it - I was blown away by seeing the moons.

Enjoy your Astro journey and happy Stargazing.

Thanks for the welcome.

It was definitely a sight I will remember. I didn't think I would be able to see it like that. I'm looking forward to my next clear sky and sharing the experience with my two children.

Alan

Archived