NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Gods Are Conspiring!!!!

I've been having a bit of a battle which I will patiently persist with on viewing Jupiter with the Celestron 70 Travel Scope. Got home after training and clear sky above I thought, right another shot! So popped out in the garden and left the scope to acclimatize for a while. Set it up with the eyepiece bang on the money with the viewer, bit of a tinker with the focus, nearly in view........... then boom, Wall of clouds!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr :mad:

It will not beat me! Ha ha  :tongue:

That's great, thanks for the info but unfortunately I don't have an android OS to run it. However I've just had a look on apples App Store & there's a similar app called observer pro - astronomy planner. It's got good reviews on there so I'm downloading it as we speak! :) thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of a tip for you is your scope will probably view ok with the stock 20mm eyepiece without cooling and should cool in around 20 mins anyway. Do you not have anywhere in your house that is cool anyway as I know the scope is very easy to shift around!

Bit of a tip for you is your scope will probably view ok with the stock 20mm eyepiece without cooling and should cool in around 20 mins anyway. Do you not have anywhere in your house that is cool anyway as I know the scope is very easy to shift around!

Yes Bomberbaz, I've got it set up in the conservatory for the dash and view moments so it's quite cool in there  :smiley:. The 20mm, nor in fact anything provided with the scope is giving me any decent view at all no matter how much i'm careful about viewing conditions, minuet focus and position adjustments. All in all, It's going back and i'm going to use the money on some bins as suggested, Then a better scope!!!!!  :grin:

Archived