NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HEQ5 dovetail clamp bolt size?

JamesF

Anyone happen to know off the top of their head what thread the dovetail clamp bolts are on the HEQ5 Pro?

I've just been out to fit the scope back on the mount after taking it off a few weeks ago and one of the dovetail clamp bolts has gone missing.  No idea how or when or where, but I'm certainly not going to find it in the dark.  I've fitted the OTA with the remaining bolt, but I'm not really happy with it that way and it would save some messing about (not to mention allowing me time just to finish my dew controller in time for this evening) if someone happened to know what size they are.

Thanks,

James

Lovely.  Thank you.  I shall go and find one to fit.

Odd that the other should have gone missing.  I don't ever loosen the bolts any more than is required to remove the dovetail from the saddle.  I shall have a look for it tomorrow in the daylight, but perhaps I might be making another up on the lathe.  Could be a good excuse to do some knurling.  I've never tried that before :)

James

I've now found the original bolt.  It must have worked loose and fallen out into the folds of the mount cover somehow.  I swapped the cover for a longer one when I was setting up yesterday and despite carrying it a good 40m or so the bolt remained lodged inside.  I picked the cover up this morning to check inside and the bolt fell straight out.

James

Archived