Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SMC Pentax-M test image

Well i managed to get out for about 2 hours only tonight as the weather has been really unforgiving, this was just a test using the Pentax-M 200mm & Geoptik, focus does not seem too bad considering.

The image is not meant to be spectacular just an initial test of setting up focus, filter (& changing) & guiding.

L channel only

300 secs x 2

120 secs x 2

60 secs x 4

post-11075-0-60183800-1387750080_thumb.p

As i had packed the 80 EDT away & fitted the C8 i also used the time to align the finder / guider as well so i am ready when the nights do get clearer.

I now have 2 counterweights on the CG5-GT & the guide graph was miles better, 0.15 total error, maybe i should have boght one earlier i guess, the C8 is a lot easier to balance now & overall i have a good feeling about progress to come.

Also been working on processing Atik NB images i have done, because of the weather, i am improving now the more i do so i am pretty happy regardless of the lack of imaging time.

I hope you all have a great Xmas break & at least some of you get some imaging done.

Clear skies all :grin:

Archived