NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just agreed to buy an AZ-4 Mount

Moonshane

I have been pondering how to mount my little 114mm f4.3 newt to use it as a grab and go mount and was initially planning on making a mini-dob mount to add it to the top of my tripod. I was also going to rig up a connection to my two large scopes to act as a super finder. In the end I am pretty satisfied with my current 9x50 RACIs and have decided to have a grab and go scope that is compact enough to take with my and have at the side of my big scope at star parties etc and to use as a white light solar scope at those events. 

In the end an AZ-4 on steel legs came up at a decent price and I therefore decided to buy the 'tool for the job'. This will also provide options going forward if I want to change the 114mm for a 130mm for gng purposes, or even a short 6" newt.

The seller has kindly agreed to allow me to pay for this in the new year when my astro budget is replenished and I am looking forward to using it.

It's a nice mount Shane and well up to the task you have in mind for it  :smiley:

I think the AZ-4 will take a 6" F/5 newt quite comfortably too. I even used to use the much heavier Intes 6" mak-newt on mine from time to time and it was fine up to about 150x.

Archived