Meade ETX 90

Hello All,

I'm a new Star Gazer with a specific agenda and that is to use my scope to record open space for UFO.

I need to know what is the best way to record in night vision with this scope. I am on a shoe string budget thanks.

Night vision is probably not a area of expertise on this forum for the purposes that you wish to use it for. You might want to consider looking at this site which will require you to register with them first or alternatively this one, but again you will need to register with them first to be able to read the content.

Hope that helps,

James

If you want to record transient events in the sky - meteors, satellites, aircraft, whatever - then I think you'd want a camera with a wide-angle lens, not the narrow view of a telescope. Commercial "all sky cameras" are kind of expensive, so you could research DIY options. I often hear of bright meteors being caught on CCTV cameras; maybe one of them with good low-light sensitivity pointed straight up would work?

Archived