Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2 inch ED Barlow

I have seen a 2 inch ED Barlow for sale on e bay for £39.00. It is not a private sale but from a shop that says it has sold 11 of these already. Do you think I am taking a chance if I bought one of these. I want it to go in between a canon camera adapter for lunar imaging with a DSLR.

post-32734-0-55467100-1387230310.jpg

Hi Ultramol,

I would be a little careful buying an unknown brand... it could be OK, but it may be a rebrand or manufacturers reject... there no telling.

You may be better going for one of these: -

http://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/Revelation_ED_2x_Barlow_2_.html

It is a well known brand and also a bit cheaper...also from a well trusted supplier.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Sandy. :grin:

These are decent barlows for their price. One thing to watch though is that their long barrels can be fully inserted into the focuser tube of your scope. Some Skywatcher focuser tubes have a rim around 50mm down on the inside of the drawtube. This does not affect 2" eyepieces but, if your scope has it, it will mean that the barlow won't fully insert and the focal point of eyepieces used in it could be beyond where the focuser can reach. It's not an issue with all Skywatchers, just some.

These are decent barlows for their price. One thing to watch though is that their long barrels can be fully inserted into the focuser tube of your scope. Some Skywatcher focuser tubes have a rim around 50mm down on the inside of the drawtube. This does not affect 2" eyepieces but, if your scope has it, it will mean that the barlow won't fully insert and the focal point of eyepieces used in it could be beyond where the focuser can reach. It's not an issue with all Skywatchers, just some.

Thanks John, I have checked my focuser tube and there does'nt seem to be any rim in there. Only where the internal thread finishes

Archived