Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEQ5 Pro polar alignment

lancerde

Hi folks

I'm attempting to teach myseff polar alignment but have failed at the first hurdle. Everything that I have read says that you start by putting the polaris circle at the six o'clock position in the scope by unlocking the RA clutch and rotating the mount until this is achieved. I cannot do this as the Dec motor housing hits the RA motor before the circle is at the bottom. What am I dong wrong? I know you can adjust the reticule to centre it in the polar scope but cannot find any other references with regards to rotating the reticule. Apart from unscrewing the polar scope a bit but then it is rather wobbly. Help please.

JC

OK blond moment over. You just need to rotate the DEC axis and get the motor off to the side then the mount can rotate 360 and get the polaris circle at the 6 o'clock. Still utterly confused by polar alignment but first problem solved. Thanks for the replies guys.

JC

Archived