Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ascom on 64bit cpu

sharpie78

HI all,

I'm new to imaging and guiding and have had some success but I have a problem I'm hoping someone else has encountered and found a solution for please............

I have an EQ DIR bought from First Light Optics and everything works fine when I'm using my old laptop with a 1.7Ghz 32bit cpu with 2 Gb of Ram. 

When I use my preferred PC with a 3.4 Ghz 64bit cpu and 8 Gb of Ram I am only able to use APT/Metaguide via latest Ascom Platform for 10-15 minutes before they all stop talking to each other and crash.

All my settings are identical on each machine so the only real difference is between the 32bit and 64bit cpu's. Are there any known issues with EQ DIR / EQ MOD / ASCOM platform / APT / Metaguide and 64bit cpu's ?

For clarity..............

I'm using APT (full version) for imaging (EOS450D) and GOTO functions

I'm using Metaguide to guide using my Samsung SCB-2000p

Laptop is 1.7Ghz 32bit single core cpu, 2 Gb RAM, Windows XP PRO (all works fine on this machine)

Desktop PC is 3.4Ghz 64bit 6 core cpu, 8Gb RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (preferred machine but not working properly)

I have used Stellarium/Stellariumscope on my laptop and it all works fine (albeit exceptionally slow) hence I am only using APT for GOTO functions

I really want to get everything working properly on the desktop PC as it is so much faster and i can process what I've captured while capturing other images.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

update........my suspicion is Metaguide doesn't like Windows 7 x64........any suggestions on what other software I can use for guiding please ?? 

(needs to be able to use the video2usb connection I've got the Samsung camera running in to)

Cheers

Jack

I've looked at that but haven't been able to get the video2usb capture stick to work with it.  :huh:

I'd like to use PHD as it works with APT well. Just gotta figure out a way of getting PHD to capture the video feed and I'm away.  :smiley:

you like a bit of knitting don't ya dean !! 

think i've sussed it now though. updated drivers for video2usb capture stick and phd now recognises it as a device. just gotta wait for this low level cloud/fog to lift and i can test it out. sat24 sees a break in the clouds in an hour....ish

getting dobby out tonite ?

you like a bit of knitting don't ya dean !! 

think i've sussed it now though. updated drivers for video2usb capture stick and phd now recognises it as a device. just gotta wait for this low level cloud/fog to lift and i can test it out. sat24 sees a break in the clouds in an hour....ish

getting dobby out tonite ?

you know sooner or later you will need some sleep, hopeing the week end is going to be clear, been looking at meade scuts again!

Archived