Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beginers Running Man

Ultrapenguin

Hi all, thought I would post my image of the running man and partial Orion, it was taken with a skywatcher 150Pl and a canon 300d the scope was motorised but had no guiding or goto. The image was made up of 72 subs taken over two different nights unfortunately the camera angle was different on the second night so it has multiple diffraction spikes. I am very pleased it's my best DSO yet and even the multiple diffraction spikes don't look too bad, anyway thought I would share to get advice and maybe give some encouragement to other newbies.

3a35h.png

Definitely encouraging for me. I was hooked the first time I photographed Orion. Astrophotography isn't something you jump into really quick and get great results though. Takes lots of practice and some days it feels like Mother Nature doesnt want me to practice. Shes going to have to do more than 3" of snow and ice to keep me inside though! :)

Archived