SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Qhy8l temp prob?

redfox1971

Well first long run with the qhy8l tonight,got to say im not to impressed,all started well let auto take it down to -20 so collapsed the temp screen out of the way,When i came to finish for the night and opened temp panel to warm up tec it was telling me temp was -51c and what ever i tried i could not get temp to rise,this temp reading must be incorrect surely else chip would have frosted witch it hadunt,i brought it into house and plugged it into my laptop and it was still saying -51c  would'nt drop temp so i tapped the caseing of the qhy8l and it then started to warm up,I have the plastic cable clamp fitted  and leave cables connected as no way can you fit cables with out removing clamp first even with clamp screws lose,whats worrying is will it do damage to the tec :mad:

Yes a bit worrying.  If there is a wiring fault and it's a new camera, then I'd suggest you contact the supplier to arrange a repair or refund.  Did you buy from Modern Astronomy?  From what others have said on this forum, Bern provides excellent customer service.

Archived