NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

8SE

Just ordered an 8SE today and it should be with me tommorow,  i was just wondering purely on a visual aspect what kind of DSO's will i be able to see through this?I'm not expecting spectacular views but my last scope (127slt) showed very little (a vairy faint smudge at best).

8 inch schmidt-cassegrains show DSO's as well as any other 8" scope. They are not wide field scopes of course but most DSO's will fit into the max field of around 1.2 degrees or so that they give, with the right eyepiece. You should notice the difference over your 127mm scope especially on things like globular clusters. As ever, getting the scope under dark skies will work wonders for what can be seen  :smiley:

8" SCTs are very popular for a reason, decent aperture in a compact tube.  As said, most objects will fit into the max field of view, just have some basic bins for the larger objects.

Get it to a dark site and you will have a ball.

Regards, Ed.

Archived