NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheap, simple EP case

Kirscovitch

Been bored the last few nights waiting for some clear skies.

Had an old cigar case/briefcase laying around and the GF had some extra foam padding from crafts that she does. Decided I needed something to tote my EPs around Instead of leaving them in the boxes they came in and carrying them around in a satchel.

Took about 10 minutes while watching some TV and works well. Theres even a little room left over for an extra EP or 2. Not the most sophisticated but not bad for a first case and a guy who's all thumbs.

post-32831-0-84816900-1385943760_thumb.j

Central Wisconsin is a long way off so probably get away with this: :rolleyes:

As she does the craft stuff why didn't you get her to make it? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Good point! I figure this is my hobby and if I want something done, I should do it myself.

That and if I had her do it it would have pink ribbons and bows and glitter and other girly stuff  :grin:

Been bored the last few nights waiting for some clear skies.

Had an old cigar case/briefcase laying around and the GF had some extra foam padding from crafts that she does. Decided I needed something to tote my EPs around Instead of leaving them in the boxes they came in and carrying them around in a satchel.

Took about 10 minutes while watching some TV and works well. Theres even a little room left over for an extra EP or 2. Not the most sophisticated but not bad for a first case and a guy who's all thumbs.

Nice job ! 

Your case looks familiar. These small cases are great for just a few eyepieces and other small accessories. I came across a small makeup case and replaced the interior with mousepad foam, works great for filters. 

post-21902-0-05630400-1386023050_thumb.j

post-21902-0-04922900-1386023065_thumb.j

Archived