Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The MCX2 proved itself again on a very hard object to get

Astrogate

Hi Group

Used my VRC10" @ F3.8 and MCX2 to capture and stack on the fly using Miloslick. This image was a live stack of 4 sub-images at 40 sec each that were averaged out by using 4 of them. I had the WB set to manual with blue at 2 and red at 5 and did the color balance in Miloslick by using the live histogram. AGC was at 3 and the TEC was at 6 since the outside temperature at the time was -4C or 25F. The transparency was average and my SQM reading was at 17.21 or magnitude 3.25. I was using my Lumicon Deep Sky light pollution filter. This is how we were seeing part of M45 live last night on NSN. No post processing involved except I converted the tiff to a jpeg.

I was only able to capture Merope and it's reflective nebulosity due to the limited FOV.

Merope - M45 Pleiades

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47296963@N08/11136367305/

Thank you all for joining me last night on NSN which was a fun 7 hour broadcast.

Clear skies to all!

Chris A

Astrogate 

Absolutely stunning result Chris.

Pity I missed your broadcast, had family end-of-year events to attend (so many of them!).

The reflection Neb you have captured around Merope is very highly detailed. Looks 'Astrophotography' standard.

Hey thank you very much Ken for have a look and the kind words. This was a big surprised to me that I was able to capture the reflection nebula in so little time. Sorry you were not able to join in that night, but I really very much appreciated your feedback.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived