NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 443 Jellyfish WIP and an impromptu... M31

woland

Hello all

So, I've been working on this object, the Jellyfish Nebula (IC 443). Final result is still a far way ahead, and frankly, due to the weather and my quite slow scope, I'm not sure if I will be able to gather enough material this year to make a final image in HST pallete. So far I managed to get 8 20-, 25-min subs in H-alpha (during 3 nights! argh) and the results to me are mixed (or maybe it's due to my mediocref processing skills). I think this might be just too dark for my f/6,45 TS APO 65Q, as well as the background noise here in Warsaw might be just too much for Baader H-alpha filter.

Anyway here's the pic:

post-17273-0-18310600-1385769488_thumb.p

During one night while I was waiting for the Jellyfish to show up, I managed to take 25x2 min (no use in making longer exposures here in Warsaw) of the Andromeda Galaxy M31. I chose this objec so that I could have some new material to play with:

get.jpg

Setup for both pictures: TS APO 65Q, HEQ5, Atik 314L+, IDAS LPS2/Baader Ha, QHY5. 

Thanks for taking a look

Tomek

Archived