M10 bolts - uses?

Andrew*

I spent a good hour with a hacksaw this evening working my way through the 10mm bolts on the Orion pedestal for my project (they have nuts welded on the end). Boy, was that tiring work!! Just before I'd finished the last bolt the hacksaw gave in and snapped in two :shock: Once I've got that replaced and the bolt sawn off, I'll have three bl**dy solid hand bolts at my disposal. My question is - what can I use them for?

Given that it took me 20 minutes to work my way through each one, they seem to be very strong indeed, so I was wondering if they would be good replacements for the HEQ5 altitude bolts IF they're even the right size.

Suggestions?

Does anyone else have a good use for them?

Andrew

I always buy Eclipse hacksaw blades. I will re phrase that. Now that I have retired from gainfull employment, I now have to buy my hacksaw blades, and as I did when employed, I always get the Eclipse brand. I am a little more careful when using them now though :D.

Ron. :rolleyes:

I borrowed the saw from my dad, snapped the blade, then got some old Eclipse blades from the maintenance guy. He said he got them from his ex boss about 25 years ago!! The replacement blade did the job much much better than the original blade and I finished the job in a flash.

It was then when I realised the original blade was the wrong way round :insects1: :D

but yes, it took me over quarter of an hour. They must be good :shock:

Andrew

Archived