Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonight's plan

Demonperformer

Latest forecast is for only a couple of hours of clear sky tonight.

But mount is on the pillar and the plan is:

1. Get mount properly polar aligned on pillar - Even though I will be removing the mount from the pillar each session (or the following morning) for security, I still think it is worth spending quite a bit of time getting the mount properly aligned.  I cannot see the southern meridian, but I can use an eastern horizon star to get the alt bit absolutely correct (and that is the difficult bit - the az adjustment is easy by comparison) and should not alter each time I load the mount.

2. Get a PE recording, using PERecorder.  The analysis program recommends a minimum 48-minute recording for the EQ6, so that is what I shall attempt.

I have a feeling that could more or less conclude this evening's activities.  But if I am able to achieve both of the above, I will consider it an evening well-spent.

Of course, 'if' is the biggest two letter word in the English language ...

Archived