Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What plug?

Demonperformer

Can anyone out there tell me what the proper name for this type of socket/plug is, please?

It is the one that you use to plug a 12v power supply into the SXV-H9 camera, and I don't recognise it as one I have met before.

I am looking at a leisure battery to avoid having to use a mains power supply for my setup, but that is only going to be feasible if I can run everything off it - hence the need to know what sort of plug I would need.

If anyone knows of a suitable already-made-up-cable supplier for this connector, that would also be useful.

Thanks.

Sorry about the quality of the picture.

post-4846-0-05932200-1384949811_thumb.jp

Thanks, Tim.

Looks good.  When I started looking at their related products, I found one that looked identical to the orange one I have in the camera.  Further investigation and I saw two screws on it, and it looks as if it could be simply a case of screwing two wires into the holes - no further adaptor required.  That would simplify things greatly if that were to be the case.

Would be good to know if anyone has actually done this, though. 

Thanks.

Archived