NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cannon 550D

Hi All i am after some advise i am going to buy a astro modifided DSLR this week and need some help what one i look of the 550D but there is also the 1100D or the 500D please help and if any one has some photos that they have taken that would br great. i have a Vixen VMC200L and it will be guided.

HELP!!! :eek:

Hi All i am after some advise i am going to buy a astro modifided DSLR this week and need some help what one i look of the 550D but there is also the 1100D or the 500D please help and if any one has some photos that they have taken that would br great. i have a Vixen VMC200L and it will be guided.

HELP!!! :eek:

They are all good, particularly if modded. The 1100d is the one that is popular, decent sensor, good resolution, and just about the ideal  pixel size for the more popular ED scopes.

A.G

Hi !

I own 1100D,for a long time.My first DSLR camera. Telescope i own only 2 or 3 weeks. And thanks God that, my camera very well approaches to my telescope.

Here some photos taking  yesterday night (second try at astrophoto) by 1100d .

I hope it helps you. :police:

http://www.fotolink.su/v.php?id=6b3f24df89c0c6350a59bc9408fe8e61

http://www.fotolink.su/v.php?id=54fc72579a841993bf0cf27381194925

http://www.fotolink.su/v.php?id=965d45fdb97e7eaefa40ccdd1212e63c

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have bought a dslr. I'd have gone straight to ccd. Don't get me wrong there are some corker images produced on the dslr but it's got to be ccd all the way! Since getting into ccd the dslr doesn't get a look in anymore. Maybe worth a thought?

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have bought a dslr. I'd have gone straight to ccd. Don't get me wrong there are some corker images produced on the dslr but it's got to be ccd all the way! Since getting into ccd the dslr doesn't get a look in anymore. Maybe worth a thought?

I agree with you, although I have both modded DSLR and CCD and FOV of the DSLR is far greater than my CCD, I'd still work with the CCD.  It is just easier and quicker, @ -15c  the 428EX does not need darks, the chip is a lot more sensitive too. Although I must confess that a modded DSLR is unbeatable value for money particularly for someone  just starting AP. I would also say that perhaps something like a QHY8L with it's DSLR size sensor should not be overlooked and @ £900 it is not unaffordable if not exactly cheap, the chip is a bit old but people do really nice work with this OSC camera.

Regards,

A.G

Archived