Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Taurus Constellation - what is next to Aldebaran?

Major

Hi all.

Tonight is the second time when I was observing the sky (started just yesterday :D) with my binos. Nearly full moon isn't too kind, but still I managed to see some stuff - Jupiter (I think in Gemini) looks awesome even with 16x50 glass. I explored Orion a little and found Taurus. I must admit - I found it before I looked onto chart, just checked the shape afterwards and here it is - Seven Sisters and all the rest :D!. But just south-east of Aldebaran I have spotted some (open cluster??) W-shaped (at least that was what I could see...) group, slightly rotated to the left. Is that Hiad or just random shape generated by myself? I am very curious :D.

Please forgive me this very childish question, but I won't go to bed unless I find out, and my boss won't like it in the morning :D.

PS - I believe now in so-called "beginner's luck" - just after I lowered binos from M42 and Rigel, spotted single meteor - again to the south-east. Very inspiring indeed!

Regards
Tom

Archived