Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anyone had a look through Helios 25x100 quantum 5 or 6 binoculars? Any opinion

Well, I am now looking to purchase some good quality 25x100 45 degree binoculars, this is mainly because after another attack of Acute iritis in my right eye it has left some permanent damage that is causing discomfort with single eye viewing. I purchased a pair of revelation 15x70 bins at Christmas and they are much easier on my eyes. Thinking of taking a big plunge and selling my 7" mak and 8" newt and plumping for more relaxed viewing.

I've had a pair of cheap 25x100's in the past and found them to be optically O.K. although as straight through

a pain in the neck when viewing above 60 degrees. Any big bino users out there with the Helios quantum's- or indeed any other giant 45 degree bins - your opinions would be most welcome!

cheers

Dave

• 3 months later...

Dave, I bought a pair of Quantum 6 X20, X30 & X37 100mm binoculars on a u mounted tripod and have been very impressed with the performance. The 90 degree viewing angle is terrific you just sit on your stool and start observing all within about 10minutes. The views are really stunning and the moon is breath taking. The stars are pin sharp about 70% of the fov with very little CA. I bought mine from The Widescreen Centre but do not recommend this company due to the fact when I emailed him about a small problem he totally ignored the mail, up till then he was very helpful. Anyway the binoculars are excellent they come in their own case which is a bit flimsy to say the least but adequate. The tripod is very good and more than holds its own with the Quantum 6 binoculars, and again Simon at the widescreen centre said he would send an upgraded tripod but never did.

Archived