NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

synscan handset problem

Hi,

I am having a problem with my synscan handset ( version 3.34 ). It is connected up to my 10" skywatcher dob to make it a GO-To.When i am setting up i go through all the stages but when i have completed "DAYLIGHT SAVINGS" ?  it should go on to "BEGIN ALIGNMENT ? " 1 Yes 2 No  but it always goes on to "Select Menu ? " instead. Am i missing something ?  Any help would be great.

Rob

"It is connected up to my 10" skywatcher dob to make it a GO-To"

Are you sure you have the correct handset? Is it the AZ handset? I suspect it may be the EQ one...... And was your dob previously an "Auto" model?

(The Dob is alt/az so you should have the AZ handset)

Hi,

thanks for reply. It is the correct handset and it will find all the objects correctly. It just needs me to go through a different route to get to "Begin Alignment " My dob was previosly an "Auto-Tracking " dob. When i first starting using it I seem to recall all was OK ?

Rob

Maybe you can download the user manual here to start with?

http://www.skywatcher.com/downloads.php?cat=21

possible to upgrade to V3.35 firmware too.

My EQ synscan come with V3.27 firmware, the attached instruction manual is quite different than the one for V3.35. Your description looks more like it's the procedure in V3.35, you may just need to push "Setup" again, get to the "Alignment" to continue.

Archived